G'pa Bob

A place where those who love me can see what I am thinking.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington

The more I prepare myself to help the women in my life be all that they can be the more I prepare myself to be all that I can be.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Friendship and Love

Hi beautiful grandchildren and friends,

I know a couple who limit the number of friends that they have. Why do you suppose that is?

That is right, because being a friend takes a lot of work!!

My goal was to teach your parents that "A friend is someone who puts up with your weaknesses but will not willing let you make a fool of yourself."

I am on this topic because I read a blog where the person was insisting on unconditional love - which the writer defined as letting him, and even encouraging him to, do whatever he wanted. Another word co-opted. Love means caring, caring means daring - and that is where friendship comes in. Being a friend takes a great deal of courage and patience. If your "friends" are not looking out for you then I recommend a different set of friends. If you are not looking out for them then they should be looking for different friends.

If you care about me then you will tell me when I am about to hurt myself, will you not? Adults show their caring by preventing toddlers from walking into the busy street. Adults cannot "prevent" their older friends and acquaintances from walking into the busy street - but to not warn them would be immoral.

As you read the news you will see that the "popular" people are encouraged to do outlandish (say foolish) things - and they do - and their followers view it as entertainment. These followers are certainly not friends as I define the word.

Let's be friends, true and dear.

Love, G'pa Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home