Birthdays
Good morning wonderful grandchildren (and friends),
This is the birthday report. I used to have October pretty much to myself! There is wonderful Matthew, of course, but we have seen him only once. Now, there is also Taryn whom we look forward to meeting in the weeks ahead!!
I got a "Happy Birthday" call at 7:30 in the morning from Emily and a second at 7:30 in the evening from Andrew. Those calls are always greatly enjoyed though appropriately short. The first family was off on errands and the second was off to bed. Busy, sleepy, grandchildren. Oh yes!! Not to be forgotten was a call from Grandpa - a man whom I love so very much. He is your Great Grandpa my wonderful grandchildren and he is a great man.
Judith let me pick out my own birthday card this year. She had me park in front of the Hallmark store as we prepared to grocery shop so I kind of knew what was going on and so I sneaked up on her after she had spent a few moments at the card rack.
I picked out one slice of chocolate cake. Everyone (all three of us) were supposed to share it but when the time came, I had to eat it myself. Thank goodness it was just one piece so there was no attempt to put 60 candles on it. Judith can find and prepare the most tender and most delicious steak - and did.
I have a kind of rule about "no presents" but every now and then one shows up. I know they come because of love so I try to be patient - and I do enjoy them.
60. A number of years I never thought I would see. Sixty years ago I would have been a very old man at age 60. Now, I just feel old. Really though, since I have never "not existed" I am quite old. Sometimes I feel that old, too. If I was only that wise.
I did get an improved bill of health letter from my doctor yesterday in three of the several areas I have been trying to improve. Again, diet helped some. Three weeks of antibiotics added their benefit. And prescribed intimacy two to three times a week helped (I know that would be every 35 year-old man's dream but it is not as fun as it sounds).
I spend my days doing grandpa and father and husband and employee and other-role things. And I spend as much time as possible writing on the many subjects I am interested in. I will, however, probably never finish the "killer app" that I started over 25 years ago.
In a short conversation with Master fob (at fobcave.com) I left a comment "I remember the days". I was thinking of an old movie so thought I would look the phrase up on google (TM). 258,000 hits!!! But I do remember the days.
And life is good.
Spellchecker says it is ready to go so "Talk to you later."
Love, G'pa Bob
This is the birthday report. I used to have October pretty much to myself! There is wonderful Matthew, of course, but we have seen him only once. Now, there is also Taryn whom we look forward to meeting in the weeks ahead!!
I got a "Happy Birthday" call at 7:30 in the morning from Emily and a second at 7:30 in the evening from Andrew. Those calls are always greatly enjoyed though appropriately short. The first family was off on errands and the second was off to bed. Busy, sleepy, grandchildren. Oh yes!! Not to be forgotten was a call from Grandpa - a man whom I love so very much. He is your Great Grandpa my wonderful grandchildren and he is a great man.
Judith let me pick out my own birthday card this year. She had me park in front of the Hallmark store as we prepared to grocery shop so I kind of knew what was going on and so I sneaked up on her after she had spent a few moments at the card rack.
I picked out one slice of chocolate cake. Everyone (all three of us) were supposed to share it but when the time came, I had to eat it myself. Thank goodness it was just one piece so there was no attempt to put 60 candles on it. Judith can find and prepare the most tender and most delicious steak - and did.
I have a kind of rule about "no presents" but every now and then one shows up. I know they come because of love so I try to be patient - and I do enjoy them.
60. A number of years I never thought I would see. Sixty years ago I would have been a very old man at age 60. Now, I just feel old. Really though, since I have never "not existed" I am quite old. Sometimes I feel that old, too. If I was only that wise.
I did get an improved bill of health letter from my doctor yesterday in three of the several areas I have been trying to improve. Again, diet helped some. Three weeks of antibiotics added their benefit. And prescribed intimacy two to three times a week helped (I know that would be every 35 year-old man's dream but it is not as fun as it sounds).
I spend my days doing grandpa and father and husband and employee and other-role things. And I spend as much time as possible writing on the many subjects I am interested in. I will, however, probably never finish the "killer app" that I started over 25 years ago.
In a short conversation with Master fob (at fobcave.com) I left a comment "I remember the days". I was thinking of an old movie so thought I would look the phrase up on google (TM). 258,000 hits!!! But I do remember the days.
And life is good.
Spellchecker says it is ready to go so "Talk to you later."
Love, G'pa Bob

1 Comments:
Happy birthday Dad! 60 already? Like I said, I stopped cuonting at 50 for you and Mom. ;)
And if you're ever trying to look up movie trivia, I can recommend imdb.
Post a Comment
<< Home