G'pa Bob

A place where those who love me can see what I am thinking.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington

The more I prepare myself to help the women in my life be all that they can be the more I prepare myself to be all that I can be.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Good morning wonderful grandchildren and friends,

The morning sunlight appeared at just after 6am - always a most welcome sight. Partly because I now know a period of daylight lies ahead. Partly because I know I can see.

The day will be quite a surprise. We have invited people who might not come but who have not indicated their decision yet. You know 20-year-olds, they keep their options open and take the best one at the last moment (I remember me).

We bought a beautiful centerpiece for the table. If I ever figure out how to load pictures I will be able to show some of this. We let Safeway cook for us - we could hardly buy the food for what they charge for a fully cooked meal and one that leaves almost nothing to scrub afterward. Anyway, food has mostly lost its glamour and comfort. I have to exercise so hard to work off one pound (which can be gained, it seems, by simply sniffing a pie).

As I visited friends on the internet this morning I was surprised that few had well-wishes for the day. L's message is true though - we do deserve much more. And a loving Father stands ready to deliver on His promise made millennia ago of great blessings yet to come.

We thank Chantelle and Steve for the wonderful invite. We miss in a beautiful way those who could not come to us.

And, through update, we truly enjoyed the phone calls.

Our very best wishes to you all,
G'ma and G'pa Judith and Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home