G'pa Bob

A place where those who love me can see what I am thinking.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington

The more I prepare myself to help the women in my life be all that they can be the more I prepare myself to be all that I can be.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

30 year yard fabric - not

Happy Saturday beloved grandchildren,

During the summer I put some beautiful brown fabric under the roses. You remember that it was because the bark grew molds which reproduce by spores which kill roses. Anyway, I bought (yes, paid my good money for) some fabric that advertised itself as able to last 30-years. Phoooo, it is already rotting away in G'ma Judith's rosebeds.

Now, I can see that there will be fragments of this fabric around for a long time but if that was what the advertiser meant by "lasts up to 30 years" then we are far apart on meaning. I wanted a groundcover that would look nice (like bark does) and keep the roses healthy (like bark does not) and stay in a sheet for at least 10 years.

Back to the drawing board on this one!!!

Love, G'pa Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home