Complain, complain
Hi Duckey Grandchildren,
When one lives in Seattle one gets used to envying the guy (or gal) who has a high salary but rarely does the job correctly. I am, of course, talking about our weather-(wo)men.
Yesterday the prediction was 1 - 4 inches of snow after midnight (look out for the wet, furry gremlins) then rain starting around noon. The actual is that it is raining now - maybe 12 hours early. But I have never been so thankful that they were so wrong. The snow and ice are nearly gone and the gutters (all 200 feet of pine-needle packed aluminum ditches) are dripping away.
Another silver lining: since I have now spent over 6 hours on my roof I have discovered the roofer's anchor. That is a peg to which a rope can be connected to assist roofers with staying on the roof. I can use it to stay on the roof while I clean the gutters!!!
In fact, I have spent so much time in the valleys and on the hills of my roof that I can see a geography that includes one of Aunt Kate's great stories. What do you think, Kate? A small family could move to the south-east roof where the earth-quake happened and, as the family grew they could populate the various valleys and have picnics on the peaks.
Love, G'pa Bob
When one lives in Seattle one gets used to envying the guy (or gal) who has a high salary but rarely does the job correctly. I am, of course, talking about our weather-(wo)men.
Yesterday the prediction was 1 - 4 inches of snow after midnight (look out for the wet, furry gremlins) then rain starting around noon. The actual is that it is raining now - maybe 12 hours early. But I have never been so thankful that they were so wrong. The snow and ice are nearly gone and the gutters (all 200 feet of pine-needle packed aluminum ditches) are dripping away.
Another silver lining: since I have now spent over 6 hours on my roof I have discovered the roofer's anchor. That is a peg to which a rope can be connected to assist roofers with staying on the roof. I can use it to stay on the roof while I clean the gutters!!!
In fact, I have spent so much time in the valleys and on the hills of my roof that I can see a geography that includes one of Aunt Kate's great stories. What do you think, Kate? A small family could move to the south-east roof where the earth-quake happened and, as the family grew they could populate the various valleys and have picnics on the peaks.
Love, G'pa Bob

2 Comments:
I'll get to work outlining the resources and political system and follow up with a list of art culture based on shingles and pine needles!
"And every three years, the giants from Underground surfaced to tend to the landscape.."
Fantastic!!! Love ya tons!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home