Friday night date
I did ask Mom what time she wanted me to get her daughter home. Everyone laughed then she said "By midnight".
I took Judith to a drive-in hamburger joint and we split our annual pumpkin milkshake to welcome Fall. It is an annual event which we succeed in doing every few years. Dick's in Seattle has much better shakes - or maybe it is just a dream? Masterfob (a blogger at fobcave.blogspot.com) will have to take over the Dick's drivein runs now that he and his family are in Seattle...
After/with the milkshake we bought some DVDs from Blockbuster on their 3 for $20.00 sale. The one we/I watched was "In love and war" about an English soldier (Yikes, I had to look that word up to be sure of the spelling!!) who is captured then "escapes" several times then is recaptured then the war is over. Well, that is how Judith would describe it. While it had little meat and could have just as easily been about a college basketball player who had to go to practice at times, it was romantic (good enough for me) and the girl did get the guy and everyone lived happily ever after.
By the way, do not watch "Benchwarmers". Have I mentioned that already?
Above, I noted that I watched only one movie. As usual on Fridays during the colder weather, I headed off to bed around 8pm. I will find out what Judith watched later Saturday.
My love forever to you all,
G'pa Bob
I took Judith to a drive-in hamburger joint and we split our annual pumpkin milkshake to welcome Fall. It is an annual event which we succeed in doing every few years. Dick's in Seattle has much better shakes - or maybe it is just a dream? Masterfob (a blogger at fobcave.blogspot.com) will have to take over the Dick's drivein runs now that he and his family are in Seattle...
After/with the milkshake we bought some DVDs from Blockbuster on their 3 for $20.00 sale. The one we/I watched was "In love and war" about an English soldier (Yikes, I had to look that word up to be sure of the spelling!!) who is captured then "escapes" several times then is recaptured then the war is over. Well, that is how Judith would describe it. While it had little meat and could have just as easily been about a college basketball player who had to go to practice at times, it was romantic (good enough for me) and the girl did get the guy and everyone lived happily ever after.
By the way, do not watch "Benchwarmers". Have I mentioned that already?
Above, I noted that I watched only one movie. As usual on Fridays during the colder weather, I headed off to bed around 8pm. I will find out what Judith watched later Saturday.
My love forever to you all,
G'pa Bob

1 Comments:
YUM. Pumpkin milkshakes. Those rate right up there with the pumpkin and white chocolate cookies from Mrs. Fields.
Post a Comment
<< Home