Thursday - House, Yard, Car
Good morning!!!
We finally got the master bedroom painted. Three years after moving in. Just four rooms to go. Hopefully, we can paint them during the factory shutdown. We might have some company then but we will do what we can. My goal was to get the bedroom painted before Thanksgiving - something new and colorful to offset the Seattle gray. Oops, I just checked and I have five rooms to go - oh well.
We are planting eucalyptus trees along the driveway. Five on my side and six on the neighbors (it's a shared driveway). We have not decided what to cover the gravel with. Originally the neighbors wanted to haul the gravel out but there must be 50 yards. The lawn is turning green again thanks to the rain. I need to spread more thin layers of dirt to hold water. The clay underneath does not soak water up; it just runs off or dries up. Rainwater sat for hours in a hole I dug for one of the trees.
The Chrysler has had an engine light on for a few days. I think it is due for an oil change? I was going to take a day off and get it to a shop but four other important tasks have eaten Friday alive.
A couple weekends ago I borrowed Steve to hold a ladder while I climbed up to the roof. I had intended to clean the southwest and southeast gutter drains. Naw, I will borrow the neighbors ladder and do it from the side. The southeast corner has a 15 foot drop and the southwest corner has a 20 foot drop. I did get the deck and garden work table stained. Just in time too. They would have been too wet now.
Love to you all,
G'pa Bob
We finally got the master bedroom painted. Three years after moving in. Just four rooms to go. Hopefully, we can paint them during the factory shutdown. We might have some company then but we will do what we can. My goal was to get the bedroom painted before Thanksgiving - something new and colorful to offset the Seattle gray. Oops, I just checked and I have five rooms to go - oh well.
We are planting eucalyptus trees along the driveway. Five on my side and six on the neighbors (it's a shared driveway). We have not decided what to cover the gravel with. Originally the neighbors wanted to haul the gravel out but there must be 50 yards. The lawn is turning green again thanks to the rain. I need to spread more thin layers of dirt to hold water. The clay underneath does not soak water up; it just runs off or dries up. Rainwater sat for hours in a hole I dug for one of the trees.
The Chrysler has had an engine light on for a few days. I think it is due for an oil change? I was going to take a day off and get it to a shop but four other important tasks have eaten Friday alive.
A couple weekends ago I borrowed Steve to hold a ladder while I climbed up to the roof. I had intended to clean the southwest and southeast gutter drains. Naw, I will borrow the neighbors ladder and do it from the side. The southeast corner has a 15 foot drop and the southwest corner has a 20 foot drop. I did get the deck and garden work table stained. Just in time too. They would have been too wet now.
Love to you all,
G'pa Bob

2 Comments:
What color did you paint the master bedroom? And hey guess what, I posted so now you should be able to access my blog here.
You can see the color when you arrive!!
I can't reach your blog but we can work that out.
Love, "G'pa Bob"
Post a Comment
<< Home