Monday - family
Recent birthdays: Ashley, Melissa, David O., Emily. Happy birthday!!
We love each of you so wonderfully. We will love you perfectly as we become able to do so. In the mean time, we appreciate your patience.
I remember as a young father thinking that I had so many challenges in my life that my children's lives would probably approach worry-free. As, instead, I see the challenges they face, I see that there is plenty of challenges to go around. I admit that my earlier view was at worst naive and at best hopeful.
The good news is that they are doing those things that bring joy to them (and thereby to us). One of the Sunday speakers asked what it was people really want and her answer was and my answer is "Peace and Joy". We know that finding them is not easy but well worth the toil. We, as individuals, couples, and families, try things and discard what does not work.
Judith and I are working hard to simplify our lives. We have allowed our time to be taken up by hopes of financial independence. We have allowed clutter to creep into our calendar and our house. We plan to reduce the clutter, lower the distraction, and serve our families better.
And for me I repeat "If we men are equipping ourselves to help the women in our lives be all that they can be then we are equipping ourselves to be all that we can be."
Love,
G'pa Bob
We love each of you so wonderfully. We will love you perfectly as we become able to do so. In the mean time, we appreciate your patience.
I remember as a young father thinking that I had so many challenges in my life that my children's lives would probably approach worry-free. As, instead, I see the challenges they face, I see that there is plenty of challenges to go around. I admit that my earlier view was at worst naive and at best hopeful.
The good news is that they are doing those things that bring joy to them (and thereby to us). One of the Sunday speakers asked what it was people really want and her answer was and my answer is "Peace and Joy". We know that finding them is not easy but well worth the toil. We, as individuals, couples, and families, try things and discard what does not work.
Judith and I are working hard to simplify our lives. We have allowed our time to be taken up by hopes of financial independence. We have allowed clutter to creep into our calendar and our house. We plan to reduce the clutter, lower the distraction, and serve our families better.
And for me I repeat "If we men are equipping ourselves to help the women in our lives be all that they can be then we are equipping ourselves to be all that we can be."
Love,
G'pa Bob

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home