apples, garage, applesauce
Hi grandchildren,
My world has slowed greatly with the cold. The usual complaints - but some things got done anyway.
The apples are finally both on the internet. I hired a recommended local expert. What he did was very simple and he faintly apologized for how simple it was. I could tell that he liked to earn his money honestly. I assured him that from my point of view he had earned it. I am using the newest apple to type this - which gets me past several browser problems.
Now to get G'ma Judith's photos on the internet. I created an account for her ("Bob's darling") and a URL (photosbyjudith) and now need to sign up for the first level of service. The free level allows 20MB of up-load per month (12 pictures) and she has 2000 plus.
No garden work yesterday as it had rained quite heavily. The raised beds are always dry enough to work but the rain made it too cold for me.
But I did spend some more time in the garage. I got two more garbage cans so store about half of what will yet be discarded. The Kero-sun continues to perform fantastically, by the way. The games will be donated to the local fire station. The exercise equipment and file cabinets will be sold if possible else donated. We donated three car-loads of household goods earlier so this will just add to it.
I did finally get the immediate family Christmas cards out the door.
We went to Home Depot to get extra garbage cans and I had a chance to sing and dance to "Tiptoe through the tool-ups with me" as I showed G'ma Judith a set of #2 phillips drivers and a set of spade drills that I would accept as Christmas presents. I go through #2s like butter and now I will be able to throw each one away as I wear it out. The spade drills work much better for the rough holes I usually need.
And, to open and close with apples, during the day I steamed a large pot of older apples then colander them into four quarts of applesauce. Golden delicious apples to golden, delicious, applesauce.
While I have you here, I have a question. Would an extremely self-centered Eskimo be called an igloo-maniac?
Love always,
G'pa Bob
My world has slowed greatly with the cold. The usual complaints - but some things got done anyway.
The apples are finally both on the internet. I hired a recommended local expert. What he did was very simple and he faintly apologized for how simple it was. I could tell that he liked to earn his money honestly. I assured him that from my point of view he had earned it. I am using the newest apple to type this - which gets me past several browser problems.
Now to get G'ma Judith's photos on the internet. I created an account for her ("Bob's darling") and a URL (photosbyjudith) and now need to sign up for the first level of service. The free level allows 20MB of up-load per month (12 pictures) and she has 2000 plus.
No garden work yesterday as it had rained quite heavily. The raised beds are always dry enough to work but the rain made it too cold for me.
But I did spend some more time in the garage. I got two more garbage cans so store about half of what will yet be discarded. The Kero-sun continues to perform fantastically, by the way. The games will be donated to the local fire station. The exercise equipment and file cabinets will be sold if possible else donated. We donated three car-loads of household goods earlier so this will just add to it.
I did finally get the immediate family Christmas cards out the door.
We went to Home Depot to get extra garbage cans and I had a chance to sing and dance to "Tiptoe through the tool-ups with me" as I showed G'ma Judith a set of #2 phillips drivers and a set of spade drills that I would accept as Christmas presents. I go through #2s like butter and now I will be able to throw each one away as I wear it out. The spade drills work much better for the rough holes I usually need.
And, to open and close with apples, during the day I steamed a large pot of older apples then colander them into four quarts of applesauce. Golden delicious apples to golden, delicious, applesauce.
While I have you here, I have a question. Would an extremely self-centered Eskimo be called an igloo-maniac?
Love always,
G'pa Bob

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home